Picturesque place, the village Potlogi is located in the lowlands, about 16 km south of Titu and 45 km northwest of Bucharest, on the intersection DJ 711 A (Bilciureşti -DN 71-DN 7 - 1 - Corbii Mari DN 61) with DJ 401 (Bolintin Vale - A 1 - DN 7 Găieşti). In the past Potlogi was crossed by the main road that connected Bucharest to Targoviste and Craiova. This prompted the ruler of Wallachia, Constantin Brancoveanu in 1698 to raise in the center of the village a beautiful palace to be bequeathed to his son Constantine, as says the inscription placed on the south facade of the palace: "These houses starting with their foundation are raised by the enlightened ruler, Io Constantin Basarb to his son Constantin Brâncoveanu, starting and ending them in 7206 (1698) in the tenth year of his reign, while steward was Michael Vtor seneschal Corbeanul."
The palace court was of rectangular shape with the northern border made by the bed of a former pond and the other three bordes made by an enclosure wall. This court was divided after the custom of the time into three segments, separated by walls and outbuildings: reception court that ties the main gate to the palace, service court, for the household and in the north between the palace and the pond were the palace gardens.
The main building of the court, the palace is a rectangular building in whose composition enters a vaulted cellar, with ground and first floor. The cellar is a large building covered by four spherical caps supported on a central pillar through the pendant. The ground floor consists of three spacious rooms and two smaller ones. The access to the first floor is through the open gazebo, located on the south façade, from here it can be entered into a prolonged room that separates the two uneven apartments, the prince`s one, larger, on the left side and the lady’s Anton Maria one in the right, in the central-north of the first floor is located the loggia as is reported by Anton Maria Del Chiaro, the Italian secretary of the Prince, where the valuables were kept when the masters where away.
The upstairs rooms have the ceilings covered with monastic vaults and walls that preserve a beautiful floral molding, in the past these walls were decorated with wall paintings.
On the exterior, the palace is plastered and keeps only fragments of decor that resembles the stucco decor used inside. Inside the court it can see the cuhnia (the southeast corner) droşcăria, and the old house in which they are preserved the cellars and part of the walls of the ground floor (east). Also in the east, but having a separate courtyard, is the church dedicated to St. Demetrius, built by Brancoveanu built in 1683.
Brancoveanu Court of Potlogi is a core reference for understanding Brancoveanu architecture through architectural and decorative plastic structure presented here.